It seems everybody is jumping on board with avocado toast lately.
Everywhere you go, people are eating avocado toast or talking about avocado toast.
This is a recipe that I've adapted to be full of flavor so enjoy.
What you need
- One 8-ounce ripe avocado, halved, pitted and peeled
- Fine salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices whole grain or whole wheat bread
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and halved
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or unsalted butter, softened
- balsamic reduction
- pico de gallo
What you need to do
- Mash the avocado with a fork in a shallow bowl until chunky. Season with fine salt and black pepper.
- Toast the bread until browned and crisp.
- Lightly rub 1 side of each slice with the cut side of the garlic until fragrant; discard the garlic.
- Lightly brush the toasts with oil, and season with fine salt and pepper.
- Divide the mashed avocado evenly among the toasts, and top with more flaky sea salt and the pico de calo
- Drizzle the balsamic reduction over the toast.
Optional: For added taste, top with an over easy egg.