I get it, sometimes life is hard.
But I like to keep some words in mind that a friend told me years ago.
- If you fail, never give up because FAIL means First Attempt In Learning
- End is not the end. In fact, END means Effort Never Dies
- If you get NO as an answer, remember NO means Next Opportunitiy
This has stayed true years later, and no matter how tough things get, even if it feels like the world is out to get me, I just solider on.
Some days are harder than other days:
- being a single parent
- dealing with a failed marriage
- possibly having to move as landlords are deciding to sell their rental property after spending over a year finally finding this place
- work related stress
- life in general and dealing with parents over the above issues on top of that all.
Some days, all I can do is just wake up in the morning, drive my daughter to school, hit the music, and get shit done, then pick up daughter from school, make dinner, hang out, and go to bed to repeat it all the next day.
Some days, All I can do is look in the mirror, remind myself of all I've accomplished so far, and that there's still so much to get done.
But when you look at your obstacles in life, how many are there really? As my friend Jason says, the only two obstacles in life are really willpower and understanding.
I only have two obstacles in life: willpower and understanding.
No one will try to stop me from learning enough to gain understanding. So really, understanding is just another test of willpower.
So will I dig in, trust myself, and push until I get what I want in life?
Or will I give up, settle in, and tell myself The World is out to get me?
And some days, some days, it's all wibbly wobbly anyhow.