Apple Cider Marinated Sirloin Steak
Roger Stringer / April 03, 2017
2 min read • ––– views
- 2-3 lbs. sirloin steak
- 1 carrot (chopped)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp. ground ginger
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Stir together the olive oil, apple cider, soy sauce, ground ginger, and garlic powder into the mixing bowl.
- With a fork, stab the sirloin steak several times on both sides to puncture the fibers of the meat for marinating.
- Insert the steak into the bag and pour in the marinade. Shake the bag repeatedly to allow the marinade to coat the steak.
- Put the bag into your refridgerator and wait 20-30 minutes to allow steak to marinade.
- Add a little bit of oil to your pan or skillet ("pan") and set the burner to medium.
- Pour the bag marinade and steaks into the pan and also add in the carrots.
- Cover pan and bring to simmer/boil for ~10 minutes. Check your steak after it is browned with a knife and fork to ensure it is thoroughly cooked.
- Add steaks to plates after they are finished cooking, add carrots, pour over remaining marinade from the pan onto the plates, add any sides, and garnish with parsley if wanted.