Instant Pot Cheeseburger Pie
Roger Stringer / October 2, 2019
2 min read
What you need:
- 1 lb lean or extra lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup finely chopped spinach optional
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup baking mix like Bisquick
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Water
- Additional shredded cheddar for garnish
How To make it:
- Add ground beef and onion to the Instant Pot. Using the display panel select the SAUTE function.
- Brown the meat until no pink remains. Drain and discard liquids.
- Spread beef in the bottom of an IP-friendly casserole dish, sprinkle with salt, then layer spinach (if using) and shredded cheese.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together baking mix, milk and eggs to form a thin batter. Pour evenly over the meat and cheese. Cover loosely with foil--do not seal.
- Rinse out the pot, then pour in one cup of water and insert the steam rack. Carefully lower the casserole on to the steam rack.
- Turn the pot off by selecting CANCEL, then secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 20 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 5 minutes, then quick-release the remaining pressure.
- Sprinkle additional shredded cheddar and set under the broiler for 3 - 5 minutes until cheese is bubbly.
- Allow the casserole to set up for 5 - 10 minutes for easier serving.