Pepper Steak Stir Fry
Roger Stringer / January 27, 2017
2 min read • ––– views
This is one of my favorite quick stir fry dishes to make.
- 1/2 lb. flank steak (cut into small strips)
- 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 green bell pepper (diced)
- 1 Asian eggplant (diced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 tbsp. vegetable/peanut oil
- 2 tbps. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. chili black bean sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sriracha (or any other hot sauce)
- Any other vegetables you want to add
- Cut beef into equal-sized small strips. Cut across the grain. Season with salt and pepper (more pepper than salt).
- Heat a few tablespoons of oil in a large pan or wok.
- Add bell peppers, eggplant, jalapeno, and garlic.
- Add 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Sauté for 5 to 8 minutes, stirring, or until eggplant is soft.
- Make some room for the beef in the pan, then add it to the pan. Add more oil if necessary.
- Add soy sauce and chili sauce.
- Continue cooking for another 5 to 8 minutes or until beef is done, stirring continuously.
- Get the rice ready, it's time for STEAK NIGHT.