Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches
Roger Stringer / February 01, 2021
2 min read • ––– views
I wanted a different approach to making Philly Cheesesteak sandwiches and the slow cooker makes the roast turn out so tender.
- 4 pounds chuck roast
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 can (10.5 oz) condensed French onion soup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup dark beer
- 1 yellow onion sliced into 1/4" slices
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 1 green bell pepper sliced into 1/4" slices
- 10 hoagie rolls
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Provolone Cheese
- Season the roast with the Kosher salt and pepper.
- Heat your pan to medium high.
- Add the canola oil and add in the roast and brown for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- In your slow cooker add the beef, the beef broth, the french onion soup, Worcestershire sauce, and the beer.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Add in the onion, mushrooms, and bell pepper in the last hour of cooking.
- To serve, toast your hoagie rolls with butter spread onto the cut sides.
- Slice your beef against the grain.
- Add you cheese of choice, some meat and top with the cooked veggies.
- Add some liquid on the side as an au jus (optional).